Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Day of Rest

Last Sunday I was deeply suffering from some sleep deprivation shared by Myself, Sadie, Hannah & Josh. Convinced that a little sit still-ed-ness would bring an endowment of rest and a restoration of sanity, I put the girls in the car to "go for a drive." My contrived plan work within minutes.....for Hannah. However, after a half of a tank of gas and what little sanity I had left, Sadie was still fighting a surrender to dreamland. I arrived home downhearted and frustrated to this.......
Sam got a wild hair (probably from not being able to breathe the fresh air outside while pasing around a football like a 9 yr old boy. You remember how long that "day of rest" used to be? What kid likes to be told to REST anyways?) and decided to do a captain underpants/Nacho Libre/ weirdie Jose.
Seriously this guy had a little too much time on his hands. Don't you love the unibrow?(created by Stephanie). When I came in he did the strike a pose thing in his "stretchy pants"...
then asked me to "join him in his quarters this night for toast!" Nothing like a little "SAM" to bring the smile back to my face and give me a little perspective.


It should be noted that this is not the first time Sam & Steph have provided Sunday Comedy:

3 comments:

Brownies said...

That is awesome! Truth is, I dress up like that all the time.
I'm glad you survived all the visitors....are you sure you enjoy that?

janel said...

Wow...is that makeup on S and S in the last picture, or marker? The stretchy pants pose is awesome. Perhaps a cover shot for the next family newsletter?

Anonymous said...

what creative kids you have. I love it! and I loved being one of your visitors. hope to see you again soon!!
love ya,
Kate