Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Creativity Is (or is not ) Pretty?

Everybody knows that Christmas time adds to life a few extra demands; especially on moms. The baking, the laundry, the decorating, the dishes, the shopping, the cleaning, the wrapping, the taxi-ing, the trying to remember where gifts are hidden, it can all be a little overwhelming! When the Dads ask why we torture ourselves so, moms tell them they like doing all these things...moms love to create magic at Christmas. But as someone once said, "Creativity isn't pretty."
This seems to prove that point. The other day I needed to wrap gifts. I decided to give in to the pleas for painting. " Wow, this will entertain them while I wrap." What was I thinking you ask? Clearly, I wasn't! It is a proven fact that when a mom is overwhelmed at Christmas time the brain functions are the first to go. Anyways, I wrapped 2 gifts and this is the pretty-ness, (or is that mess) I came back to. I guess it is a good thing I didn't wrap all 20 before checking on the kids.

Merry Creating.

No comments: